Join the team
If you are passionate about education, community, and have an interest in the socially transformative impact of music for children and communities, we would love for you to be part of our team!
We have a number of opportunities available at the moment – check out the descriptions below and let us know if any of them sound like you!
Te Rauhii is looking for two new Board Members/Trustees to join our dedicated team at our monthly meeting. While we encourage anyone to apply, we are particularly interested in applicants with experience in law, finance, or music education.
Experience in governance is preferred, but not required. To apply or to find out more information, please contact us at [email protected] !
Community Choir Support Staff
You will be volunteering alongside the Rauhii staff and other volunteers to facilitate the Community Choir. Help to create a dynamic and supportive environment where children can learn new skills and work with others to achieve something great!
This will involve:
- Make sure the children are happy and engaged, joining in, learning and having fun
- Support children if they are struggling with the programme or struggling socially
- Act as great role models for the children, showing co-operation, respect and generosity.
- Help manage disruptive and negative behaviours when required
- Gain experience in: child behaviour management, musicianship skills, teamwork, leadership, time management, teaching skills.
To apply or to find out more information, check out the role listed with Volunteering Waikato.
Afternoon Tea Kitchen Manager
The kitchen manager is responsible for preparing and afternoon tea for the children involved in our Community Choir. This includes collecting groceries, managing and organising food supplies, making sandwiches, cutting up fruit, tidying the kitchen and cleaning dishes. They will ensure each child is fed and happy, being mindful to encourage good manners and behaviour.
Gain experience in food preparation, cleanliness and hygiene, time management, and interaction with children. To apply or to find out more information, check out the role listed with Volunteering Waikato.